About

Wormholes and Swords is a blog dedicated to Science Fiction and Fantasy, with a bit of real world technical stuff thrown in from time to time. It is managed by T.D. Wilson, author of the Science Fiction book series, The Epherium Chronicles.

Sunday, May 25, 2014

Tomorrow is Crucible's Release Day



When my publisher told me the release date for Crucible, I immediately looked up the date.  It was Memorial Day.  Needless to say, I was quite nervous about it and considered asking them to change it by one week.  But then I looked at the bigger picture.  At the heart of Crucible is a strong military nucleus complete with trial, struggle, victory, loss, and the fortitude to endure a horrific battle to save lives.

I've had friends and family serve in the military.  Some have served in battle on the ground, at sea, or in the air.  Even a few paid the ultimate sacrifice so those who live on can appreciate the freedoms afforded to us today.  I hope when readers come to the end of this book that they stop and think of someone close to them who has served.  They have sacrificed their time away from family and friends to keep us safe.  My publisher had the right date. Crucible honors those men and women, just as Memorial Day is about honoring those who have fallen and for those who would boldly choose to do so to ensure we have a better tomorrow.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment